Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Presentation At the 2010 Sloan-C Conference In San Jose, California

Hello colleagues, students, and friends! I just returned from the Sloan-C/MERLOT, "Emerging Technologies in Online Learning Symposium" (July 20-23) in San Jose, Ca., where I presented a poster "Using A Web Log To Engage Students & Enhance Learning". In addition to my "onsite" presentation, I uploaded the poster to the Sloan-C Virtual Conference site for "virtual attendees", many from different parts of the world.

I enjoyed meeting and networking with other online educators, some who author their own blogs and others who are interested in supplementing their online courses with a faculty blog. My presentation focused on how I integrated my faculty blog "Where in the World Is Professor Kulik?" with my online course, Global Social Change, during the Summer of 2009 in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. To learn more about the Sloan Consortium, click on this link. To learn more about MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching, click on this link.

No comments: